Manoj Vadakkan is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), and Agile Consultant. In his coaching practice, Manoj uses innovative approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, and Lean to help individuals, teams, and organizations to achieve their potential. He facilitates workshops all over the world including Certified ScrumMaster, Introduction to Agile, Kanban, and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner® classes. He strives to provide a training that is experiential in nature where the learners develop knowledge and skills from actively participating instead of being passive listeners. Manoj has experience in helping companies adopting an Agile way of working at the team level as well as at the enterprise level.
Manoj lives in Denver, Colorado can be spotted at many Colorado Agile community events. Until 2014, he lived in the Washington DC Metro and engaged in the local Agile community by leading Agile Leadership Network DC chapter. He also co-founded Agile DC, a yearly DC-area Agile conference attended by 500+ people.
He has also had opportunities to facilitate sessions at national and international conferences. His Industry experience includes Telecommunications, Insurance, Bank, Media, and Federal Govt. Agencies. His coaching experience include software and non-software organizations.
Manoj has been working in the IT Industry for about 20 years at various roles including Software Developer, Technical Lead, Business Analyst, and Project Manager. He has been Managing Software Development projects of various sizes for 10+ years and has been practicing Agile principles and practices for the past 7 years.
- Masters degree in Computer Applications
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics
- Certified Scrum Trainer, Certified ScrumMaster & Certified Scrum Professional (CST, CSM, CSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Agile certified Practitioner ( PMI-ACP)
Conference Presentations / Workshops /Articles
- 2016 Agile 2016, Atlanta, GA
- 2016 Scrum Gathering Orlando, Orlando, FL
- 2014 Scrum Gathering India, Hyderabad, India
- 2014 Project Zone Congress 2014, Frankfurt, Germany
- Oct 2013 PMI Global Conference 2013, New Orleans, LA
- Oct 2013 AgileDC 2013, Washington, DC
- Sep 2013 PMI WDC Symposium 2013, Washington, DC
- Aug 2013 Agile 2013, Nashville, TN
- June 2013 PMI Netherlands Summit 2013, Netherlands
- Dec 2010, 2011, 2012 MN Government IT Symposium, St. Paul, MN
- Apr 2012 Emerging Technology Conference, Philadelphia
- Sep 2011 Scrum Gathering – South Africa
- Mar 2011 Scrum Gathering – Seattle
- May 2011 PMI WDC – PM in the AM Agile in Govt
- Nov 2010 Project World, Florida.- Agile – Estimation & Planning
- Oct 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 AgileDC conference
- Aug 2010 APLN DC – Agile Projects – Estimation & Planning
- April 2010 FOKANA IT Seminar on Agile/Scrum – Introduction.
- April 2009 IASA Midwest Chapter on Agile/Scrum – Introduction.
- Articles at: http://www.scrumalliance.org/profiles/9982-manoj-vadakkan
Connect with me